Content pertains to all text, images, and other media you publish on your website. Aside from clear pictures of your products, you also need to create compelling posts that are optimized for search to make them more accessible to potential customers. Take advantage of call to actions or CTAs as well, which inform visitors what they should do in your site such as signing up for your weekly newsletter or buy your merchandise.
These are the key pages you must create content for initially:
- Homepage – Your homepage pops up when visitors type in your domain name. It should showcase your brand, office or store address, and a concise introduction about what your business is all about.
- Product Page – It provides an in-depth look at your products including specific details such as size, color, price, and function.
- About Us – This page allows customers to get to know your brand better through your company background and organizational memberships.
- Blog – A blog is an excellent way to engage with your customers. It enables you to create a community for consumers to learn more about your products and other information related to your niche.
- Contact Us – You must include your address, email, phone number, office hours, and links to your official social media accounts here.
Your brand’s logo is essential in setting your business apart from competitors. It should showcase the uniqueness of your enterprise and allow customers to identify it immediately once they see it. Different types of logos include simple text logos, single letters, and illustrations.
It should be scalable, which means that it should retain its proportion even if it’s blown up or viewed at a different angle. Plus, the design must still be recognizable even when printed in black and white like for local business flyers.
- Web Design
Web design is a crucial element of your website since it plays a significant role in reducing your bounce rate or the percentage of people who leave your site without exploring further than one page. You must envision how you want it to look like and map out the interface. Other factors that contribute to the attractiveness of your domain are colors, fonts, images, page structures, and interactive features.
Some tips to help you have a website that will attract and retain customers:
- Make It Easy to Navigate – Potential customers must be able to understand how to go about your website by using clear icons and text.
- Contrasting Call to Action Buttons – Another way to engage your customers is to clearly state what you want them to do in a particular page through contrasting call to action buttons that grab their attention.
- Prioritize Site Speed – As mentioned above, site speed is a vital factor for your website. The content must load quickly so that your customers won’t get bored while waiting and decide to leave your domain.
A website is your chance to put your best foot forward for potential customers. Make sure that you create a site that is informative and engaging. Find a reliable web host that provides high-quality service so that you won’t encounter problems in the future when the traffic volume for your domain increases.