There’s an increase in the way people depend on online searches, with billions of searches every month. Consumers depend on the internet not just for searching the directions or address of the nearest store, but also customer product reviews, along with directories and local listings. It’s no surprise that search engine marketing is a choice digital marketing technique.
The way customers search has indeed expanded and drastically changed over the years. Majority of customers engage with business online most of the time, mostly through their smartphones or computer. You can use search engines to your advantage to direct more customers to find your business.
Here are some things you need to know about how customers search this digital age:
Skyrocketing Video Search
YouTube now considered a perfect platform to know what real customers are saying about a product or service. If you want to be successful in e-commerce, you should be aware of website prototyping or road mapping. Ensure that you incorporate videos, infographics, brand logo, and other visual media to your web page and mobile app. Customers watch YouTube to:
- Find out how to use a new product like how to use a digital torque torch
- Learn the best features of a product like the best body frame for cruiser bikes
- Check the step-by-step guide in cleaning a product like how to clean atomizers
- Find out the pros and drawbacks of a product such as advantages and disadvantages of electric grills
- Compare similar products such as Best Bluetooth Speakers in 2018, Best Wireless Mouse in 2018, Top 5 Ergonomic Gaming Chair
Search Through Most Desired Results
Over the last couple of years, we have seen a steady increase in local searches. You can expect a steady rise in the coming years. Unlike in the past when customers used “near me” to find businesses, customers expect to find localized search results when they enter their query on a search engine. Here’s an example:
- You enter “remote IT jobs” on a search engine, like Google, and expect local search results like those from ResumeSeed, based on your location.
- If you live in Texas, the results of the search engine will show IT jobs in Texas as seen on the first few pages of Google.
- When you search for a specific business online, you’re most concerned with the contact information and business hours.
Now you understand how vital and relevant search engine marketing is along with SEO and other digital marketing strategies to help customers find your business. You can use Local search marketing plan, Google Local Services Ads, and Facebook to make it easier for consumers to find your business.
Voice Searches Are In-Demand
You need to optimize your business for voice searches. From manual search, voice search is now part of everyday habits of most consumers.
Virtual assistants and smart speakers, like Echo Dot, are equipped with artificial intelligence to help consumers find information more accessible.
Here are the things we have found out about voice searches:
- Customers spend $100 to $199 per purchase with voice search alone.
- Majority of elderly customers are considering and using voice search instead of manual search.
- Because many people engage in multitasking, many find voice search a helpful option.
- People with disabilities greatly benefit from voice search.
Search for Product Reviews and Customer Testimonials
Many customers use “Is (name of the product) worth it?” or “to avoid” search terms on Google. Customers want to be 100% sure of the products bought online. You may want to take advantage of this strategy by:
- Incorporating customer testimonials on the different parts of your website
- Installing appealing call to action or CTA buttons or links
- Encouraging your customers to leave a comment or product review on your website content
- Ensure that your business has up-to-date reviews
- Your products and services should be transparent and updated
- Creating informative blogs for feature, pricing, and benefits comparison
Growing Mobile Search
Many people are digital shoppers. It’s no surprise why major marketplaces are earning billions of profits because of this fact. It’s essential to make your business mobile-friendly by:
- Ensuring that your website is mobile-friendly
- Optimize your website’s mobile version
- Create a mobile app for your store so your on-the-go customers can smoothly shop online
With the emerging of new technologies, customer search behavior will always change. Whatever the trend is, your business should learn to use the different search engine marketing techniques to ensure growth and success. Be on top of your business by strengthening your online presence through search engine marketing. Now that you are made aware of the different examples of search engine marketing strategies, you can find the best ones perfect for your business.