Interactive maps use the Global Information System (GIS) to show exact data on a map. It also enables you to embed a map on your website. It is very useful for companies that want professional but at the same time simple maps to help their customers in finding the location. But if you are worried about how to make an interactive amp and embed it, just look for the below options. There is no need to write any codes or learn complex computer skills. It can be done in a few minutes by just using the copy-paste feature. There are companies that assist you in the process of preparation of interactive maps and also embedding them on your website.
There are 3 options to embed an interactive map on your website:
- Do you know that it is only a few minute’s tasks to embed google maps into your website? This is the most popular tool for mapping used across the globe. Every minute someone from every corner of the world accesses this to navigate their way around. In case your requirement is more complex mapping abilities, you can use Google maps to add an API to your web. The following are the steps to do this:
- Open Google maps
- Go to the street view of your location
- Click the menu and then ‘share map’
- Copy the HTML code and paste it into your website
This is the next-in-line option for embedding your map. It is also very popular and user-friendly. It maps images in high resolution. The Embed tool here can be used to generate a map that defines your location on your website. The one thing that is a hitch here is the limited mobile experience that it gives.
Using interactive map providers: There are many websites that ease your work in the preparation of interactive maps. You can count show my map for this purpose. All you have to do is listed in these three steps.
- Preparation of spreadsheet that contains the location data you require.
- Copy the same and paste it on the location data box on the home page of the website.
- Click on the ‘Map Now’ button and you can generate your map from there.
You can see that it is a very simple process. No stress of writing any codes on your own too. You can save the map by giving your email address. With the HTML link provided in your email, you can embed your map on your site. The link will always remain in your email and serve as a backup for you.
Another advantage is that you will also be provided a location map badge with showmymap and this can be used on your website. When this is done, this will just be a link that will open on another page and helps when there is less space on your website.