Starting a business or any new project can be daunting, and often the whole idea can be abandoned because of a lack of motivation.
So, below we present a list of proven Essentials motivators – motivational techniques to keep you going when the times may get tough:
- Remind yourself of other’s successes. A great way to continue motivating yourself is to remind yourself of the successes others have had and how they started from nothing and pushed through. They did it, they hung in there, and they achieved what they wanted. Think of them as your role models.
- Treat yourself often. Every time you complete one of your goals, small or big, treat yourself to something. This could be anything you like. It’s as if you are incentivizing your own work.
- Hang tough. You don’t have to be perfect from the get-go, and you don’t have to be absolutely perfect in everything you do. Just keep going and you will get better and better at what you do.
- Be proud of yourself. Be proud of yourself for each step you take, each day that goes on. Be proud that you are putting in the effort that many would not.
- Visualize the end results in your head. Imagine what you want from your business, project or goal. In this visualization, go into some detail about it and imagine everything about what will happen after you achieve your goals.
- Create a physical visual aid. This is sometimes called a ‘Vision Board’. A vision board helps to motivate, concentrate and maintain focus on a specific life goal. It is basically a board of some kind (even a piece of paper) on which you display images that represent your goals, what you want to be, do or have in your life.
Also, the most important ‘trick’ for Vision Boards is to not only focus on images and words that are only surface level.
Focus on how you want to feel when you have achieved your goal.
- Write it down on paper. Whatever goal you are hoping to achieve, when you write it down, it gives that goal a more tangible aspect. It’s real; there in black and white.
- Look to your Future Self. Think of the Future-You that exists in a year’s time. Think of what you want him to have, and how disappointed he will feel if you don’t put in the effort now.
Use these techniques and achieve the goals you want in life!