1. Tactile feedback
Haptic feedback provides feedback based on movement or vibration. New smartwatches and fitness devices use this technology to notify the end-user.
2. User Interface Personalization
Some apps also eliminate or minimize the need for a touchscreen through personalization. That is, the application relies on data already known about you and helps you place an order on the Internet without a single click.
You can also open this app using a voice assistant on your smartphone, such as Apple’s Siri.
3. Voice recognition
Such voice assistants as Cortana, Siri, and Google voice have been in everyday use for a long time. Voice search and commands are part of Zero User Interface.
Intelligent personal assistant devices and artificial intelligence learn to recognize your voice and respond to its commands.
4. Face recognition
Face recognition is also becoming one of the most famous Zero UI technologies. Now laptops and computers use this technology to unlock screens.
It uses infrared and visible light scanning to identify your face and can work in various conditions.
5. Gesture control
Gesture-based interfaces are also becoming commonplace in our lives. Often you can show the device with gestures what needs to be done:
- Turn off / turn on the light in the room.
- Make the sound on the device louder / quieter.
- Turn on the flashlight on the device without touching the device.
Some features like Google Assistant are also part of the Zero UI. If you already have an e-wallet added to your Google account, you can ask Google Assistant to order food with a few text messages instead of wading through various food ordering apps.
What does Zero User Interface Will mean for Business?
In a Zero UI world, your business will rely on providing the right advice at the right time. A company will need to be proactive.
- Collecting data about your customers will require different technologies to work together, including machine learning, AI, IoT, data analytics, and blockchain.
- You will need to be in context constantly. People start their search with a one-term, but they often want more information about it.
- Your system should automatically initiate the following steps to direct them towards your business brand.
- You no longer need web design, but your system should be ready to measure most of this incoming traffic.
- The content creation process will also become more dynamic than ever. You will need to create content along with changes in consumer data.
- Since voice search takes over text, natural language searches will also take priority in your SEO.
The Zero UI concept aims to make our world more interactive. In a world where there’s no touchscreen and devices respond to the user’s environment, we are moving away from screens and toward artificial intelligence such as the AI-Logoersteller, Self-Driving Vehicles, Digital Assistants, and much more.
When you order the development of UX/UI design services you can also consult on options for developing applications without a user interface or with an analog one. After all, as is evident from this article – for this future.
Author’s bio: Anastasiia Lastovetska is a technology writer at MLSDev, a software development company that builds web & mobile app solutions from scratch. She researches the area of technology to create great content about app development, UX/UI design, and tech & business consulting.