With social networking and instant messaging applications, email is still considered one of the most effective means of communication by professionals around the world. In this digital world, e-mail signing plays a significant role because when using e-mail signatures, it is not necessary for the user to provide contact information and the site each time they receive each recipient to whom they send emails to. Also, the e-mail allows the user to establish a strong relationship with his customers as part of identification and branding. Once the signature is created, it will appear at the end of each email. You can use this signature to promote yourself or your organization.
An Email signature will help you to:
- Add your profession.
- Show that you are trying to connect and communicate.
- Help people find your business and communicate with you.
- Help people get to know you quickly and your business.
- Helps in branding your business
There are many ways to create an electronic signature that will leave you with a lasting impression and allow you to build new business relationships.
The most straightforward and most common way to create a signature is by using the tool provided by Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo, and Outlook.
GMAIL Email signature
Adding a signature to your Gmail is a straight forward process. All you need to do is click the Gmail button and selecting Settings. Scroll down and enter the signature in the Signature field. Basic text signatures are fairly simple, but you can also create more advanced signatures that include formatted text, logos, and links.
The first step is to curating a professional and engaging Gmail signature that catches the attention of users, even after scanning the subject of your email and decides to continue or not to read it.
Step by step, how to create a Gmail professional signature. With Google, you can create a fast and easy Email signature.
Step 1: Locate the Signature icon
The first thing to do is log in to your Gmail account.
- Look for the gear symbol.
- Click on Settings
- Scroll to the “Signature” field.
Step 2: Enter your information, provide your contact information such as
- Full Name
- Your phone number.
- Your website.
- Your title or job occupation.
Step 3: Format the information
It is now time to decide on the characters, colors, and dimensions of the text:
Step 4: Add links
Direct users to your site by adding an active link.
To do this:
- Select the text you want to connect.
- Click on the “link” icon.
- Enter the URL.
Step 5: Add your company logo to Gmail Email signature
At the end of the Email signature, it is essential to keep your email look formal and professional, therefore we recommend adding your company logo. Keep your logo less than 500 pixels wide.
To do this:
- Click on the “insert image” icon.
- Select “Upload”
- Select the logo file from your computer. Select Png, Jpg or animated Gif format.
Hotmail Email signature
Step 1 – sign in to your Hotmail email account
When you’re ready to set up your email signature, sign in to your Hotmail email account using a web browser. In the top right corner, locate for the settings icon, click it and select Options.
Step 2 – select Sign Email
In the drop-down menu under Mail, then choose Design, select Sign Email.
Step 3 – Type in your information
Type in the new signature or updated signature into the text box provided and check the two boxes at the top to include your signature in new messages, submissions, and replies. Look for click save at the top of the page and click it.
Step 4 – sent in HTML format
Make sure your emails are sent in HTML format and not in plain text. In the left menu, under Mail, Design, select Message Format. Make sure that “Write messages in this format” is set to “HTML” instead of “Simple text.” Click Save.
Click to write a new email and see the new signature in action.
Yahoo Email signature
Want to know how to add your signature to Yahoo Mail? This tutorial will give you a simple guide to creating your signature, which appears at the end of each email you send. If you do not have a Yahoo email account, you must create a new Yahoo email account.
Step 1 – sign in to your Yahoo email account
Enter the Yahoo home page URL on your browser, click send and select the email icon that comes up in the top right corner of your screen.
Access Yahoo Mail using the login option after entering your username and password, if you have an existing account or create a new yahoo account.
Step 2 – go to settings
Once logged in, open the drop-down menu that appears next to your name, select it and go to settings. Choose to write the email that appears on the right side of the screen.
Step 3 – add the new signature
Now, to add the new signature or to modify the existing signature, go to the accounts showed at the bottom of the screen.
Step 4 – enter the desired text and logo
After selecting this option, enter the desired signature in the space provided for the signature text in the empty box (with the address if you want to display your address and website each time).
Outlook Email signature
The first step to creating a signature in Outlook is to set up an Outlook email if you don’t already have one. With Outlook, your signature offers you a lot of varieties such as text, a logo, images, handwritten signature image or even an electronic business card. You can create an automatically added signature for all sent messages (i.e., configure and search for it) or create your signature and add it manually as needed.
Here’s the step-by-step guide to setting up your Outlook signature.
Step 1: Create your signature and choose when to add it to your Outlook emails
Step One: Open a new e-mail message.
Step Two: Go to the “Message” menu and select Signature> Signatures
Step Three: In Select a signature to edit, choose New, and in the New Signature dialog box, Input a name for the new signature to create.
Step Four: In the Edit Signature section, enter the signature. You can adjust the font, size, colors, and text alignment. You can use Word to format the text of the email signature if you want to add bookmarks, tables, or margins. Then type the signature into the Edit Signature box. Alternatively, you can copy and paste it.
Step Five: Choose the default signature and set the following signature options:
- In the Email Accounts drop-down list, select an email account to use with your signature. You can specify distinct signatures for each email account you have.
- To have the signature automatically added to all new default messages, select one of your signatures from the New Messages drop-down list. If you do not want to automatically add a signature to new messages, select “None.” This option only applies to new messages, not replies or e-mail redirects.
- If you desire for your signature to appear when replying and sending an email, select one of your signatures from the Answer / Forward drop-down menu. Otherwise, you accept the default option “none.”
- Save the new signature by selecting “OK” and return to your message. Outlook will not add the new signature to the first message opened in step 1, even if you choose to apply the signature of all new messages. You will need to add the manual signature to this specific message manually. However, the signature will be added to all future messages. To add the signature manually, go to the Message menu, select Signatures, and select the signature you just created.
Disclaimer: This article is not a substitute for advice from a trained professional. By using this website, you agree that DesignFreeLogoOnline cannot and will not be held liable for any action taken as a result of using the information in this article.